On November 11, 2016 at 10 am in UNWE will be held the Twelfth International Conference of Young Scientists “Economy of Bulgaria and the EU: science and business”, organized jointly by the “Finance and Accounting” department of UNWE and and leading national and international universities, and VUZF University as well:
- University of Bologna, Italy;
- University of Split, Faculty of Economics, Croatia;
- Poltava University of Economics and Trade, Ukraine;
- Lutsk National Technical University of Ukraine;
- VUZF University, Sofia
The forum will be opened by Prof. Dr. Snezana Basheva, dean of “Finance and Accounting” department and a professor in VUZF University and greetings will skid rectors of UNWE and VUZF University – Prof. Dr. Habil. Stati Statev and Assoc. Prof. Grigorii Vazov, co-chair of the Organizing Committee.
The thematic areas of the conference are:
- Financial policy, financial markets, banking, investment, insurance and social security
- Accounting policies and practices, accounting standards, financial audit, control systems and internal controls
- Research and science, research and development relationship “science – business” innovation, competitiveness, project management
- Entrepreneurship, management, marketing, corporate governance and business development in Bulgaria, in the EU and globally
Strong participation in the conference will take VUZF University lecturers and PhD students. The VUZF University CEO Assist. Prof. Dr. Radostin Vazov, who is also Deputy Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the conference, will take part in the solemn plenary with a report entitled: “New techniques and approaches in higher education – the path to success for Bulgarian economy”. Within the first panel – FINANCIAL POLICY, FINANCIAL MARKETS, BANKING, INVESTMENT, INSURANCE AND SOCIAL SECURITY – VUZF University Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs and Quality Assoc. Prof. Virginia Zhelyazkova will present a report “Opportunities and problems facing banks in the transition from linear to circular economy”, and the dean of the academic program – Assoc. Prof. Yakim Kitanov will present a report -” Investment risk – nature and elements”.
In the second panel – accounting policies and practices, accounting standards, audit, control systems and internal controls, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ali Veysel will present “Expression of audit opinion on the non-financial statement.”
VUZF University PhD students will take part in the meetings on panels. Yavor Bashev will present a report “Fraud Triangle and its Relevance to Financial Statement Fraud”, Diana Bankova will clarify “Some problems in the auditing of EU projects” and Anna Lyutakova will present “Non-financial declaration in the Accounting Act – the new name of the old non-financial information”.